This form is for academic supervisors or companies to submit a PhD or MRes project proposal. MRes projects run from November to May (part-time) and May-August (full-time) each year. PhD projects start in September each year. We accept project proposals throughout the year, however forthcoming deadline dates for submission are shown below.
Supervisors from academia or industry, please use this form to submit your project proposal to the IPES CDT administrator for consideration by the Project Review Panel.
The next key deadlines are:
• Deadline for MRes mini-project proposals to start November 2016: 9th September 2016
• Deadline for MRes mini-project proposals to start May 2017: 28th February 2017
• Deadline for PhD topic proposals 31st March 2017 (however it is recommended that PhD proposals linked to MRes mini projects are submitted before the MRes deadline of 28th Feb 2017)
• If you wish, you may resubmit projects not taken by students this last academic year by our MRes students. However you must let me know if you wish this to be the case.
• Only academic supervisors who submit MRes mini-projects are eligible for supervising CDT student PhD projects.
• Project/topic selection by Research Strategy Committee
• Project selection by supervisors/students: 21st October 2016 for first MRes mini project.